The Center for Better Beginnings is committed to educating a wide variety of audiences interested in learning about the causes of birth defects and how they can be prevented and treated. Our educational in-service workshops bring you expertly crafted content based on evidence-based, up-to-date information that is relevant to your needs.
Workshops are tailored for each individual audience, whether nurses, physicians, researchers, social workers, students, community advocates, or the general public.
Each workshop is developed and led by experienced trainers in maternal health and child development. We’ve conducted workshops for WIC clinics, child welfare workers, imprisoned women, military populations, and more.
Topics of our workshops include:
- Birth Defects
- Preconception Health
- Prenatal and Postnatal Environmental Exposures
- Critical Periods of Fetal Development
- Breast Milk
- Alcohol Use in Pregnancy
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders 101
- Drug Abuse & Recreational Drugs in Pregnancy
- Zika Virus & Microcephaly
- Post-Marketing Surveillance of Medication Exposures in Pregnancy (Pregnancy Registries)
- And More